Long Story Short: God Makes a Covenant With Abram
I think I’ve found my first complaint against Long Story Short by Marty Machowski, and that is the fact that he spends a really long time on Abraham. Though really, that’s only been a negative as far as our related schoolwork is concerned. It’s hard to find things to go-along with just the tiny sliver of the story we’re working on each particular week. However, as far as our nightly devotions it’s been great. The slow pace and repetition I’ve provided during the day has really helped Ian to understand the main points of the story. Plus, it’s such a crucial part of the overall story of the Bible, so it’s one I really want to emphasize.
- “Gen 12 God Chose Abram” from the ESV Audio Drama Children’s Bible from Faith Comes By Hearing
- “Genesis 13” from the ESV Audio Drama Bible from Faith Comes By Hearing
- “Genesis 14” from the ESV Audio Drama Bible from Faith Comes By Hearing
- “Gen 15 God’s Covenant with Abram” from the ESV Audio Drama Children’s Bible from Faith Comes By Hearing
- “Standing on the Promises” from 100 Ways to Know God Loves me & 100 Songs to Love Him Back (our “hymn of the month”)
- “God Began a Nation” from The Singing Bible
- “Get Along Little Camel/Camel Suite” from Songs from the Beginner’s Bible“
- Karen & Kids podcast episode “What’s in a Name”
Posted on October 16, 2012, in Bible lessons, Long Story Short, Preschool, The Gospel Story and tagged family devotions, family discipleship, homeschool preschool, Preschool Bible, preschool bible craft, preschool curriculum. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.